The Pain and Palliative Care Unit, University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital, Ilorin, which has been providing palliative care services to the needy patients in the hospital for more than two years now, on 8th October 2011, joined other palliative/Hospice organizations across the world to celebrate the 2011 World Hospice/Palliative care day. The event was marked with a series of activities as follow:
1. Courtesy visit on the Wife of Kwara State Governor, (First Lady of the State), on October 4th 2011.
2. Early morning Road walk tagged “Walk of Life” on October 8th 2011.
3. Fundraising for the building of University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital, (UITH), Day Care Hospice on October 11th 2011.
4. Courtesy visit on the Vice chancellor of University of Ilorin, Prof I.O. Oloyede, on October 12th 2011.
5. Medial advocacy with 30 minute interview on NTA Ilorin programme “ISSUES”