Responsible for assisting the executive director and staff in specific areas of administrative work for the WHPCA.
Salary: £26,000 + A 30% time work from home post to start, with payment based on full time salary & benefits
WHPCA Executive Director
Staff and Board of the WHPCA
Assisting in administrative and communications duties
Initially 30% time
Work from home with occasional London meetings
Purpose of role:
This role shall be responsible for assisting the executive director and staff in specific areas of administrative work.
This position requires a motivated, hard-working, independent and organised individual who is committed to international development.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- To take and keep minutes of quarterly board, monthly executive committee, and weekly staff meetings.
- To assist in the preparation and delivery of background documents for the board and committees.
- To assist with funding requests and preparation of applications
- To maintain the WHPCA membership database and to run reports as needed
- Uploading articles and images to the international edition of ehospice and the WHPCA website
- To work effectively and ensure good communication with other teams to ensure the smooth running of the program administration.
- Experience working with content management systems
- Experience in developing projects and applications for funding
- Experience of working with people from different geographical regions, backgrounds and cultures.
- Experience of working on projects funded by donors such as DFID and the EU
- Experience of working on international networks of collaboration
- Experience of working on projects relating to health specifically HIV/AIDS, Cancer and/or palliative care
Skills and abilities
- Strong administrative and IT skills including MS office, access and excel
- Strong time management skills
- Self-starter with capacity to work on own initiative
- Strong team player
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability and willingness to do own administrative tasks
- Knowledge of issues relating to hospice and palliative care and its development worldwide.
You can find the full job description and person specification here.
To apply, please send your CV and Cover letter to Dr Stephen R Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 17 June 2018.